Community Connections is a mentoring program that advocates for families and individuals to create roadmaps as they travel through Child Protective Services and other child welfare systems.
We are here to help if you have been recently hot-lined to Child Protection Services and you would like to know your choices. It is a program of parents helping parents find their way through this crisis. It is a voluntary, strengths-based program providing advocacy and monitoring of service delivery for families and/or individuals involved specifically with Child Protective Services and other child welfare Services.
What We Do:
- Help you understand what is happening.
- Guide you through the Child Protective Services process.
- Be sure you know your rights and your responsibilities.
- Assist you in connecting with community resources.
- Respect your family’s goals.
What We Believe:
- All families have strengths.
- Parenting is challenging.
- All of us need help from time to time.
- Families are empowered by knowing the outcomes of their choices.
- We respect all who are concerned with the well-being of families and children within our community.
Our trained parent mentors are available to meet with you. We will work with you to set up a convenient time to meet. If you would like to contact us about this program, call (607) 272 – 5062 Ext. 28 and ask for Community Connections. If the center is closed, you can leave a voice mail message and we will call you back.