We provide tens of thousands of free items each year to help people in need to stretch their limited budgets.
Hours of operation for the Clothing Closet and Front Desk:
Tuesday-Friday: 9:00am-11:45am and 1:00pm -3:30pm
No appointment is needed for these services:
Free Clothing Closet
- Proof of address for all household members is required
- After signing up, each household member can receive a set number of items each month.
- Clothing, shoes, coats available
- Sheets, towels, blankets, and kitchenware sometimes available
Personal Care Products
- 1 bag per household available every 2 months
- Dishwashing liquid, shampoo laundry detergent, toilet paper and soap included in each bag
- 1 bag of diapers per child every 2 months. Amounts vary per age.
- The child must reside in household full time.
- Bring birth certificate, or DSS budget sheet, to sign up
- Lists current job openings in Tompkins County
- Computer available to look for or apply for jobs online